Project and Quality Management - MTP
mtp - research - project- and quality management
Project and Quality Management
This is a group mainly centered around the area of project management, in a broad sense of the term. A number of sub-topics with project management are covered by our research and academic interests, se examples below. In addition, most of the members of the group have a background based on a broader set of areas within quality management and improvement work, including expertise within digitalization.
Relevant areas of research are therefore quite broadly composed:
- Project owner management and project governance
- Project models and different phases of projects
- Stakeholder management
- Partnering and other innovative collaboration and contract forms
- Mega projects
- Performance measurement and improvement, including modeling, use of big data, advances data analysis
- Evaluation of projects and experience learning/transfer
- Concurrent engineering, ICE, VDC
- Lean, both construction and in other types of processes
- Digitalization of business and project processes
- Innovative forms of learning, especially when applied in the teaching of project management
Examples of recently completed or ongoing research projects:
- Project Norway, which is not a research project of its own, but a research-based, virtual center with close to 30 partners from industry and the public sector that initiates and co-funds research activities. The secretariat of the center is located at the project and quality management group.
- The Concept programme, which develops ways of improving the use of resources and enhancing the effects of major public investments. The principal goal of the Concept Research Programme is to develop knowledge and expertise on projects in the front-end phase, from the initial visualization until the decision to implement is made. Trailing research on large public investment projects is the main project activity. The goal is to attain better use of resources and greater effects of such investments. The Norwegian Ministry of Finance funds the programme, and we are actively involved in both the steering group and research activity
- SpeedUp, a project financed by the Norwegian Research Council’s BIA program, focused on compressing project duration of large projects, both in the early phases and execution.
- Innovative contract models for the Ferryfree E39 project, an investigation on behalf of the national road authorities into the use of innovative contract models applied in large projects in other northern European countries.
- Concurrent engineering in transport projects, a project financed by the Norwegian Research Council’s BIA program, focused on the development of new methods for planning and engineering large transport projects based on the use of concurrency, new digital solutions and integrated collaboration among the actors.
- Måleprosjektet – Presentasjonsmåling i BAE-næringen, a project co-funded by Bygg21 to adapt the performance measurement tool CII 10-10 to a Norwegian context and offer it to the Norwegian construction industry. The has led to the establishment of a member-owned association, Nordic 10-10, ensuring that the CII 10-10 tool is actively used in Norwegian projects. The group runs the secretariat for the association and we use the data collected for research.
Examples of recent publications:
- Børve, Sjur; Ahola, Tuomas; Andersen, Bjørn Sørskot; Aarseth, Wenche. Partnering in offshore drilling projects. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business 2017 ;Volum 10.(1) s. 84-108
- Børve, Sjur; Rolstadås, Asbjørn; Andersen, Bjørn Sørskot; Aarseth, Wenche. Defining Project Partnering. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business 2017 ;Volum 10.(4) s. 666-699
- Diana Corbes, Feibert; Andersen, Bjørn Sørskot; Peter, Jacobsen. Benchmarking healthcare logistics processes – a comparative case study of Danish and US hospitals. Total Quality Management and Business Excellence 2017 s. 1-27
- Downfall in the Oil Price; Challenges and Opportunities for the Construction Industry. 9th Nordic Conference on Construction Economics and Organization; 2017-06-13 - 2017-06-14
- Gamme, Inger Astrid Øygarden; Seim, Eva Amdahl; Lodgaard, Eirin Anita; Andersen, Bjørn Sørskot. Operational integration in a craft-oriented small enterprise. The TQM Journal 2017 ;Volum 29.(2) s. 240-256
- Ghazinejad, Masoumeh; Hussein, Bassam; Zidane, Youcef. Impact of Trust, Commitment, and Openness on Research Project Performance: Case Study in a Research Institute. Social Sciences 2018 ;Volum 7.(2) s. 1-11
- Hajikazemi, Sara; Andersen, Bjørn Sørskot; Langlo, Jan Alexander. Analyzing electrical installation labor productivity through work sampling. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management 2017 ;Volum 66.(4) s. 539-553
- Hajikazemi, Sara; Olsson, Nils; Ekambaram, Anandasivakumar; Andersen, Bjørn Sørskot; Langlo, Jan Alexander.
- Hussein, Bassam A.; Hafseld, Kristin. Organisational influences impacting user involvement in a major information system project: A case study in a governmental organisation. International Journal of Project Organisation and Management 2016 ;Volum 8.(1) s. 24-43
- Hussein, Bassam. The Road to Success. Narratives and Insights from Real-life Projects. Fagbokforlaget 2018 (ISBN 9788245024449) 309 s.
- Issad, Melissa; Kloul, Leila; Rauzy, Antoine. A scenario-based FMEA method and its evaluation in a railway context. Proceedings. Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium 2017 s. -
- Kloul, Leïla; Rauzy, Antoine. Production trees: A new modeling methodology for production availability analyses. Reliability Engineering & System Safety 2017 ;Volum 167. s. 561-571
- Landmark, Andreas D.; Seim, Andreas Røsland; Olsson, Nils. Visualisation of Train Punctuality – Illustrations and Cases. Transportation Research Procedia 2017 ;Volum 27. s. 1227-1234
- Langlo, Jan Alexander; Bakken, Siri Merethe; Karud, Otto Ole Jørgen; Landet, Rannveig Ravnanger; Olsen, Alexander Smidt; Andersen, Bjørn Sørskot; Hajikazemi, Sara. Sluttrapport, Prestasjonsmåling i norsk BAE-næring. Trondheim: SINTEF 2017 28 s.
- Meng, Huixing; Kloul, Leila; Rauzy, Antoine. Modeling patterns for performance analyses of offshore production systems. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings 2017 s. 1199-1205
- Nergaard, Thomas.
- Palmqvist, Carl-William; Olsson, Nils; Hiselius, Lena. Delays for passenger trains on a regional railway line in southern Sweden. International Journal on Transport Development and Integration 2017 ;Volum 1.(3) s. 421-431
- Siddique, Lubna; Hussein, Bassam A. A qualitative study of success criteria in Norwegian agile software projects from suppliers’ perspective. International journal of information systems and project management 2016 ;Volum 4.(2) s. 63-79
- Siddique, Lubna; Hussein, Bassam A. Grounded Theory Study of Conflicts in Norwegian Agile Software Projects: The Project Managers’ Perspective. Journal of Engineering, Project, and Production Management 2016 ;Volum 2. s. 120-135
- Stendebakken, Mari Oline Giske; Olsson, Nils. Cultural heritage in project management: project appraisal and quality assurance in the early phase of major public investments. Impact Assessment and Project Appraisal 2018 ;Volum 36.(2) s. 131-144
- System Thinking, Evaluations and Learning - Experience from Road Construction Megaproject in Algeria. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences 2018 ;Volum 9.(3) s. 121-134
- Sørensen, Anette Østbø; Bjelland, Johannes; Bull-Berg, Heidi; Landmark, Andreas D.; Akhtar, Muhammad Mohsin; Olsson, Nils. Use of mobile phone data for analysis of number of train travellers. Journal of Rail Transport Planning & Management 2018 ;Volum 8.(2) s. 123-144
- Volden, Gro Holst; Andersen, Bjørn. The hierarchy of public project governance frameworks: An empirical study of principles and practices in Norwegian ministries and agencies. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business 2018 ;Volum 11.(1) s. 174-197
- Zakeri, Ghazal; Olsson, Nils. Investigating the effect of weather on punctuality of Norwegian railways: a case study of the Nordland Line. Journal of Modern Transportation 2018 s.
- Zhang, Yun; Barros, Anne Cecile Pénélope; Rauzy, Antoine. Assessment of a condition-based maintenance policy for Subsea systems: A preliminary study. I: Risk, Reliability and Safety: Innovating Theory and Practice : Proceedings of ESREL 2016 (Glasgow, Scotland, 25-29 September 2016). CRC Press 2017 ISBN 9781138029972. s. 1129-1136
- Zidane, Youcef J-T.; Andersen, Bjørn. The top 10 universal delay factors in construction projects. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business 2018 ;Volum 11.(3) s. 650-672
- Zidane, Youcef J-T.; Elvenes, Bjørn Otto; Samset, Knut Fredrik; Hussein, Bassam.
- Zidane, Youcef J-T.; Klakegg, Ole Jonny; Andersen, Bjørn; Hussein, Bassam. “Superfast!” managing the urgent: case study of telecommunications infrastructure project in Algeria. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business 2018 ;Volum 11.(2) s. 507-526
- Zidane, Youcef J-T.; Klakegg, Ole Jonny; Andersen, Bjørn; Hussein, Bassam.
- Zidane, Youcef; Andersen, Bjørn. Causes of Delay and their Cures in Major Norwegian Projects. Journal of Modern Project Management 2018 ;Volum 5.(3) s. 80-91
- Økland, Andreas; Johansen, Agnar; Olsson, Nils. Shortening lead-time from project initiation to delivery; a study of quick school and prison capacity provision. International Journal of Managing Projects in Business 2018 ;Volum 11.(3) s. 625-649
- Aarseth, Wenche; Ahola, Tuomas Julius; Aaltonen, Kirsimari; Økland, Andreas; Andersen, Bjørn Sørskot. Project sustainability strategies: A systematic literature review. International Journal of Project Management 2017 ;Volum 35.(6) s. 1071-1083