On this page, you will find slides that are related to the various chapters of System Reliability Theory, Wiley (2004) 2nd. edition.
The slides have been made in LaTeX using the Beamer class.
The slides (in pdf-format) have been made as support for self-tutoring, but may perhaps also be used as basis for lectures. In some cases the slides contain material that is not covered in the book. Please feel free to use the slides as you wish. The slides are not complete and will be updated from time to time. If you download the files, please check the version numbers to make sure that you have the most recent version.
When you find errors and misprints in the slides, or have comments to the content, please send me an email.
- Chapter 1 (Introduction)
- Chapter 2 (Failure models)
- Chapter 3 (Failures and failure classification)
- Chapter 3 (Cause-Effect Analysis)
- Chapter 3 (FMECA)
- Chapter 3 (Fault Tree Analysis)
- Chapter 3 (Event Tree Analysis)
- Chapter 3 (Root Cause Analysis)
- Chapter 3 (Structure Functions)
- Chapter 4 (Systems of independent components)
- Chapter 5 (Component Importance)
- Chapter 6 (Common-Cause Failures)
- Chapter 7 - Sorry, nothing yet
- Chapter 8 (Markov Processes)
- Chapter 9 (Introduction)
- Chapter 9 (Optimization of Replacement Intervals)
- Chapter 9 (Reliability-Centered Maintenance)
- Chapter 10 (Reliability of safety instrumented systems - SIS)
- Chapter 10 (Use of Markov processes with SIS)
- Chapter 11 - Sorry, nothing yet
- Chapter 12 - Sorry, nothing yet
- Chapter 13 (Bayesian Reliability Analysis)
- Chapter 14 (Reliability Data Sources)
Many more slides can be found on this link.