ROSS Gemini Centre members
The ROSS Gemini Centre is a collaboration between several research groups at NTNU and SINTEF. Each group has its own profile and its own focus.
- RAMS Group, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering. Main contact: Professor Mary Ann Lundteigen [Chair: ROSS Gemini Center]
- Marine Systems Group, Department of Marine Technology. Main contact: Professor Stein Haugen
- SHE Group, Department of Industrial Economy and Technology Management. Main contact: Professor Trond Kongsvik
- Social psychology and risk, Department of Psychology. Main Contact: Professor Britt-Marie Drottz Sjøberg
- Studio Apertura, NTNU Samfunnsforskning AS. Main contact: Associated Professor Torgeir K. Haavik
- Safety and Reliability in SINTEF Safety and Mobility. Main Contact: Stian Antonsen (Market director)
- SINTEF Energy Systems and Energy Research. Main contact: Chief Scientist & Adjunct Professor Gerd Kjølle
- SINTEF Software Engineering, Safety and Security. Main contact: Research Director Maria Bartnes
ROSS courses and study programs
ROSS members are responsible for two two-years master programs:
- An International master program in RAMS (lectured in English)
[RAMS is an acronym for Reliability, Availability, Maintenance, and Safety]
- A Master program in Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE), (lectured in Norwegian)
In addition, ROSS provides a range of courses to several study programs at NTNU and as continuation education for industry.
Gemini Centres form a model for strategic cooperation in which scientific groups with parallel interests coordinate their scientific efforts and jointly operate their resources. SINTEF and NTNU have established a wide range of Gemini Centres. The Gemini Centre model fosters the development of large scientific groups of higher quality than any of the partners could manage to build up alone.