ROSS Gemini Centre
The ROSS Gemini Centre is a collaboration between several research groups at NTNU and SINTEF. Each group has its own profile and its own focus.
- RAMS Group, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
- Marine Systems Group, Department of Marine Technology
- SHE Group, Department of Industrial Economy and Technology Management
- Social psychology and risk, Department of Psychology
- Studio Apertura, NTNU Samfunnsforskning AS
- Safety Research, SINTEF Technology and Society
- Electric Power Systems, SINTEF Energy Research
- System Safety and Security, SINTEF ICT, including center for Railway Certification
Areas of research
Some main research areas pursued by the ROSS Gemini Centre are described in the link:
Gemini Centres form a model for strategic cooperation in which scientific groups with parallel interests coordinate their scientific efforts and jointly operate their resources. SINTEF and NTNU have established a wide range of Gemini Centres. The Gemini Centre model fosters the development of large scientific groups of higher quality than any of the partners could manage to build up alone.