Norwegian-Vietnamese Industrial and Infrastructure Safety Consortium
Norwegian-Vietnamese Industrial and Infrastructure Safety Consortium (NOR-VIS) aims to strengthen the cooperation between Norway and Vietnam in the cross-discipline subject of industry and infrastructure safety, improve the quality of Vietnamese higher education, as well as enhance the Norwegian higher education and research with increasing global experiences and recognition.
The project is based on the huge demand of Vietnam for knowledge and professionals preventing major accidents during its fast industrialization. Five engineering departments from NTNU, 3 Vietnamese universities and Innovation Norway (Hanoi office) are involved in this project.
The goals of the project NOR-VIS include:
- Increased collaboration between PhD students and researchers in NTNU and Vietnamese universities;
- Improved education and research quality of participating Vietnamese universities;
- Spread of safety-related technologies and standards from Norway in Vietnam.
What we can provide:
For Vietnamese students, we provide:
- Free-of-charge study in NTNU for 1 semester;
- Diversified courses in NTNU;
- Supervisions on student dissertations;
- Student scholarship when they are in NTNU;
- Coverage of return airticket (Vietnam to Norway) and visa application fees.
For Norwegian students, we provide:
- Summer job or internship opportunties in (Norwegian) companies runnning in Vietnam;
- Compensation and coverage of accommodation costs in Vietname.
Who can apply?
Master students and bachelor students in senior years both from Norway and Vietnam in the following disciplines are recommended to apply for the project:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Industrial and System Engineering
- Reliability and Safety engineering
- Chemical and Process Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Civil and Construction Engineering
- Mining, Oil & Gas Engineering
- Marine and Ocean Engineering
- Material and Structure Engineering
- Other engineering and technical disciplines
- Industrial Management
How can you apply for mobility?
For Vietnamese students
1. You should prepare some necessary documents for qualification:
- Motivation letter
- Academic transcripts
- Document to show English proficiency (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS test scores...)
- Other documents to improve your competence
2. Contact with the responsible professor in your university, show your interests, and send the documents to them. The deadlines for submitting aplication are:
- 20th October, for mobility in Spring semester, and
- 20th April, for Autumn semester.
3. Application screen and interview.
For Norwegian students, please contact project coordinator Yiliu Liu for details.
Contact persons in different partners:
Professor Yiliu Liu, Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, NTNU
Professor Nguyen, Trong Dung Faculty of Civil Engineering, Hanoi University of Mining and Geology
Professor Nguyen, Viet Phuong Department of Highway & Traffic Engineering, National University of Civil Engineering
Professor Phuong, Tran Thanh, Faculty of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Ton Duc Thang University