Energy for a better society
NTNU Energy is one of four strategic research areas at NTNU.
Development and integration of a renewable and sustainable energy supply is a key challenge for the world community. NTNU commits itself to contribute to such a transition by minimizing the ecological footprint in developing the existing resources, and to massively invest in research related to renewable energy sources, storage solutions, energy consumption and transportation. Description of research area.
Main Research Areas
- Technological solutions for new renewable energy, especially solar energy, bioenergy and offshore wind power
- Energy efficiency
- Purification and storage of CO2
- Improved efficiency in exploration and production of oil and gas
- Politics, innovation and public engagement for sustainable energy
- Smart energy systems (smart grids)
- Energy Storage
- Hydropower for the 21st century
- Advanced thermodynamic analysis