How to apply
You can apply to stay for one or two semesters as an exchange student or free mover at NTNU by using the application form below. You should also use this application form if you are coming to NTNU to do project work, an internship or write your master's thesis.
- Starting spring semester: 1 October
- Starting autumn semester: 1 May
The application form will be made available autumn 2014 for the 2015 intake.
Step 1: Apply using Søknadsweb
- Go to Søkandsweb to start the application (opens 1. September)
- In the "text"-box on the left, scroll and choose language: English.
- Click on "Login for Users without Norwegian National Identification Number"
- Click on "Register International Applicant"
- Answer the questions. The answer to your question will in no way affect your application, assuming you are considered eligible to apply.
- On the question regarding financing, please note that all students who are non-European citizens must have a way to finance their stay in order to receive a residence permit to Norway. Read more about this on the following website
- You have now reached the actual application form. Please register as an applicant, and you will receive your password by e-mail.
- Log on to SøknadsWeb with your e-mail address and password, and fill in the application details.
In the ‘Relevant information' field please first fill in the password ‘Applicant' before filling in the following information in the following order:
- Home institution
- Courses which you would like to apply to at NTNU. Fill in both the course code and the name of the course. Use Course Search to find courses. If you wish to do a thesis or project work, please indicate this.
- You will be asked to submit your documents by uploading these in our database. Please note that there is no "submit"-button.
- Once you have completed this part, you will be asked to fill out an additional application form provided in a link. Please fill this out and upload the document in SøknadsWeb.
Step 2: Submit hard copies by post
After completing the application form, please send the documents which you have uploaded online by post as well. The following documents must be included:
- Official grade transcripts
- Translation of grade transcripts if originally in another language than English
- List of courses in progress
- Certified copy of your passport
- Documentation of English proficiency if required
Send them to the following address:
Office of International Relations, NTNU
O.S. Bragstads Plass 3