REALFAG – Science and Mathematics
REALFAG (from the norwegian word realfag, which encompasses science, technology, engineering and mathematics) is a research group focusing on current knowledge and advanced fundamental research in the scientific disciplines classically known as mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology and geology. These disciplines are in constant development, and they are the backbone of today’s and tomorrow’s STEM education at all school levels.
Some of the research lines in the group are:
- Temperature-induced spectrum perturbations and the thermodynamics of small systems. Contact: Rodrigo de Miguel.
- Electrophysiological properties of neurons of the hippocampus and the entorhinal cortex in brains affected by Alzheimer’s disease. Contact: Pål Kvello.
- Sensation of CO2 and processing of CO2 - information in the insect nervous system. Contact: Pål Kvello.
- Quantitative analysis of the collagen structure in cartilage by SHG and P-SHG imaging. Contact: Elisabeth Romijn.
- Man and nature. Vegetational changes following trampling, burning or scything in protected nature. Contact: Trond Arnesen.
- Compressed sensing and Bayesian theory. Contact: Solomon Tesfamicael.
This site is under developement. Please contact the group leader for more information.