The Center for Gender Studies (SKF)
This website is at the moment being updated.
The Center for Gender studies (previously the Center for Women's and Gender Studies) has been part of the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies of Culture since 1999.
Since the Centre for Women's and Gender Studies was established in 1989, we have pursued interdisciplinary research on gender and cultural change. Our research examines the ways in which understanding of gender exist in a relational dynamic with other cultural trends. We seek to understand changes in gender relations and the ways in which gender symbols and conceptions about gender contribute towards the production of culture and cultural change.
The Center for Gender studies is an integral part of the Norwegian Gender Research field. It is a member of the National Association of Gender Studies and is connected to both Nordic and international research networks. The Center for Gender studies also runs the university-wide, cross-disciplinary network NTNU GenderHub. Anyone interested in attending seminars and workshops, or working on gender, diversity, sexuality, and equality, as well as in broader fields like responsible research and innovation (RRI), are welcome in the network.
- Centre for Gender Research, UiO
- Centre for Womens and Gender Research (SKOK), UiB
- Centre for Women's and Gender Research (KVINNFORSK), UiT
- InterGender (International Research School)
- KILDEN - information centre for gender research
- National Research School in Gender Research
- Network for gender research, UiS
- NTNU GenderHub
- RINGS - The international research association of Institutions of Advanced Gender Studies