Equipment and services
MR Core Facility offers service to support research needs for in vivo MR imaging and spectroscopy in disease models in small animals as well as MR metabolomics of human tissue samples and body fluids and ex vivo high resolution NMR spectroscopy. In addition to providing access to MR instruments, we can facilitate in areas such as experimental planning, MR-sequence optimization, training for MR-scanning and guidance with post-processing of MR data. We also provide access to MR imaging and spectrocopy of patients and healthy volunteers, but with very limited support for researchers during access.
For clinical MR the MR Core facility will help with applications for access, but due to limited resources, service during access will be limited to technical support and help from a radiograph during scanning.
For preclinical MR and NMR most services require that the users run their own experiments after an initial period of training and set up of MR protocols where the MR Core Facility staff will assist.
- MR imaging and spectroscopy of human patients and healthy volunteers
- In-vivo MR imaging of disease models in small animals (mainly rats and mice)
- In-vivo MR spectroscopy (single voxel or chemical shift imaging) in small animals
- Coils for 1H, 13C, 31P, 19F, 23Na
- High-resolution NMR spectroscopy for biological fluids and tissue samples
- High-resolution magic angle spinning (HR-MAS) MR spectroscopy
- Automation of NMR spectroscopy using Sample Jet
- Probeheads for 1H, 13C, 31P, 15N
- Help to find the appropriate methods and soft-ware solutions for post-processing and data analysis of the acquired imaging and spectroscopy data
Contact and Service Request
Marius Widerøe, MD, PhD
Phone: +47 73 55 13 54
Mob: +47 40 23 19 23
MR Core Facility
Olav Kyrres gt 11, Trondheim
MR Core Facility
Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Post box 8905