Research at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences comprises basic research, translational research at the intersection between basic and clinical research, as well as applied research.
The faculty consists of a wide range of research fields within medicine and health. We will develop an overall strategy in the course of 2017.
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences hosts NTNU's strategic area of research NTNU Health.
Outstanding Research Centres
Norwegian Centres of Excellence (SFF):
- Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience / Centre for Neural Computation - CNC
- Centre of Molecular Inflammation Research - CEMIR
K.G. Jebsen Centers for Medical Research:
Centre for Research-based Innovation (SFI):
Research at our departments
- Department of Health Sciences in Gjøvik
- Department of Health Sciences in Ålesund
- Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine
- Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging
- Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children’s and Women’s Health
- Department of Mental Health
- Department of Neuromedicine and Movement Science
- Department of Public Health and Nursing
- Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience
We offer Our PhD Candidates an interdisciplinary research environment and the possibility to take part in national and international research networks.