The Chemical / Mineralogical laboratory performs analyzes of rocks, clay, mineral raw materials, etc. for research and studies at NTNU.
In addition to this we also carry out analyzes for external clients, both national and international.
Our analyzes are mainly mineral identification and quantification by X-ray diffraction (XRD) and elemental analyzes by X-ray fluorescence (XRF).
In addition, we have equipment for magnetic separation (Frantz) and for element analysis by inductively coupled plasma (ICP-MS).
All samples delivered to our laboratory must be entered on an order form, which can be downloaded here.
The laboratory is located on the 3rd floor.
Laboratories at IGP
- Chemical/Mineralogical Laboratory
- Petrographic- and Ore Microscopy Laboratory
- Electron microscopy (EM) Laboratory
- Mineral processing Laboratory
- Thin Section Laboratory
- Geological Engineering Laboratory
- Rock Mechanics Laboratory
- Rock Magnetic Laboratory