The Ugelstad Laboratory was founded at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in January 2002 to commemorate the late Professor John Ugelstad.
The laboratory specialises in surfactant chemistry and its technical applications, emulsions and emulsion technology, preparation of polymers and polymer particles and their technical applications, plasma chemical modification of surfaces and silica-based chemistry.
Applications include crude oil production and processing, pulp and paper, biomedicine, catalysis and materials science.
The main purpose is to raise the national level of colloidal science.
The Ugelstad Laboratory is sponsored by industrial companies, the Research Council of Norway (NFR), research institutes and NTNU. For more information about ongoing research programmes, recent publications and industrial contacts, please explore our webpage.
Professor Johan Sjöblom
Phone:(+47) 73 59 55 05
Fax:(+47) 73 59 40 80
Department of Chemical Engineering
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
N-7491 Trondheim, Norway
Sem Sælandsvei 4
- Professor Johan Sjöblom
- Professor Gisle Øye
- Associate professor Brian Grimes
- Associate professor Kristofer Gunnar Paso
- Adjunct professor Wilhelm R. Glomm
- Professor emeritus Arvid Berge
- Professor emeritus Preben C. Mørk
What is new?
- Sandra Rodríguez Fabià started her Ph.D. in Ugelstadlab in May 2015.
- Birgitte McDonagh winner of PhD Grand Prix, March 2015!
- Muh Kurniawan started his Ph.D. in Ugelstadlab in January 2015.
- Albert Barrabino successfully defended his Ph.D. thesis on 18/12/2014.
- Ugelstad Laboratory got a grant from the Norwegian Research Council in December 2013! JIP: Improved Mechanisms of Asphaltene Deposition, Precipitation and Fouling to Minimize Irregularities in Production and Transport (NFR PETROMAKS) 2014-2017. Details are HERE.