Images - Nordic Workshop 2016
Nordic Workshop 2016
Nordic Workshop on Power System Protection and Control, Trondheim-Norway May 25., 2016
Scope: Meeting place for Nordic PhD/Master students and research groups within power system protection. Enable collaboration and new research initiatives.
Program May 25
09.00 Registration and coffee
10.00 Welcome (HKH)
11.00 Presentations from industry. Outlook and challenges
13.00 Presentation from NTNU/SINTEF
- Konstantin Pandakov; “Protection of distribution system with DG”
- Tor Inge Reigstad, SINTEF; “Fault current contribution from DG”
- Dr. Kjetil Uhlen; “Synchro-phasor projects StrongGrid and SPANDEx”
- Dr. Zhou Liu; “HIL test lab and applications”
- Charles Adrah; "Communication for protection purposes"
- Dr. Raymundo Torres; "Multiterminal HVDC protection"
- Lab tour (break)
- Muhammad Shoaib Almas; “Wide-area protection”
- Tin Rabuzin; “Protection of generator bearing currents”
- Fabian Hohn & Ilka Jahn; “HVDC protection"
- Nathaniel Taylor; “Integration of diagnosis and protection”
16.30 Presentation from
- Aalborg, Catalin Ciontea; “Adaptive protection in Medium Voltage Maritime Applications”
- Vaasa, Sampo Voima; “Adaptive protection pilot”
- Iceland, Dr. Mohamed Abdel-Fattah; “Transient-Based Protection for Distribution Networks”
- Delft, Matija Naglic; “RTDS hardware in the loop (HIL) testing and application of PMUs” + "Experience with testing of negative sequence relays for the protection against internal motor faults"
- Michigan Tech, Dr. Bruce Mork, Jaya Yellajosula; “Time-domain Wide-area protection and control”
19.30 Dinner (Nyfiken, map)