- About us
FORMLAB was an NTNU project at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering and the Department of Engineering Design and Materials.
The project started in 1999 and stopped in 2001/2002. It had the following objectives:
- to build up a forming lab.
- to drive research and education within forming.
- to establish a new creative environment and culture for creative thinking on forming processes ("tomorrow's" processes).
- to increase the knowledge within forming.
- to establish a national ressource centre within forming, integrated with process- and alloy development.
- to be a tool for multidisciplinary teamwork.
This activity is still running at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering. It is also linked to the Severe Plastic Deformation SPD activity.