FORMLAB was an NTNU project at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering and the Department of Engineering Design and Materials.
The project started in 1999 and stopped in 2001/2002. It had the following objectives:
- to build up a forming lab.
- to drive research and education within forming.
- to establish a new creative environment and culture for creative thinking on forming processes ("tomorrow's" processes).
- to increase the knowledge within forming.
- to establish a national ressource centre within forming, integrated with process- and alloy development.
- to be a tool for multidisciplinary teamwork.
This activity is still running at the Department of Materials Science and Engineering. It is also linked to the Severe Plastic Deformation SPD activity.