The Norwegian aluminium industry (among others Hydro Aluminium and Raufoss Technology) stakes on an increase production of components for, among others, the car industry.
To succeed one must:
- control both the tolerances and mechanical properties of the final product.
- increase the production rate - larger cost effectiveness and more environmentally friendly products og processes.
Must master forming of aluminium!
To meet these challenges FORMALB focuses on the special field of forming through
- configuration of a forming lab.
- research activity within forming.
- education (see IMT and IMM) and recruitment.
- development of culture for creative thinking on forming processes ("tomorrow's" processes).